But you know what? It isn’t just about the beer. Or the company. It’s also about the Benz. Our digitally modded Mercedes-Benz CLA45 AMG, to be exact. It’s the latest QNX technology concept car, and it’s the perfect vehicle (pun fully intended) for demonstrating how QNX technology can enable next-generation infotainment systems. Highlights include:
- A multi-modal user experience that blends touch, voice, and physical controls
- A secure application environment for Android, HTML5, and OpenGL ES
- Smartphone connectivity options for projecting smartphone apps onto the head unit
- A dynamically reconfigurable digital instrument cluster that displays turn-by-turn directions, notifications of incoming phone calls, and video from front and rear cameras
- Multimedia framework for playback of content from USB sticks, DLNA devices, etc.
- Full-band stereo calling — think phone calls with CD quality audio
- Engine sound enhancement that synchronizes synthesized engine sounds with engine RPM
Here, for example, is the digital cluster:
And here is a closeup of the head unit:
And here’s a shot of the cluster and head unit together:
As for the engine sound enhancement and high-quality hands-free audio, I can’t reproduce these here — you’ll have come see the car and experience them first hand. (Yup, that's an invite.)
If you like what you see, and are interested in what you can hear, visit us at booth #513. And if you'd like to schedule a demo or reserve some time with a QNX representative in advance, we can accommodate that, too. Just send us an email.